Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bringing the Old Days Back

I got good things to celebrate today. I may not to share my happiness but for me it really counts a lot.

Today is quite surprising. After four years of looking after him, my close friend in college just appear right before my eyes. I never thought it would happen just like this. After searching him high and low, there he comes along.

It was perhaps five years ago since the last time I met him. We were riding in a bus going to our respective hometowns. We shared a lot of memories together. Sharing family problems, heart problems, and some more other things. This drew as closer as friends. Even sharing some cookies with each other as we talk about his family, and his love affair...

He was a smart guy. Graduated salutatorian. But his economic status did not hinder him to pursue his dreams. When he shared his life story with me, I got promised to myself before that I would be with him and his family to uplift their situation when I finish my studies. He had a very sad story with regard to his family.

When I come to the climax of the story, I never met him again. Never knew anything about him. I wonder if he had graduated from his baccalaureate degree. Many questions were hanged to my mind.

But today, all those things were answered. Though we had a short time chatting with each other, I remember the old days when we used to walk along the boulevard listening from him his sad story. I guess he is okay now. He was able to find good job for himself and his family.

And that one thing I learned... Things happened when you don't even expect it to happen. Sitting in the corner takes a lot of perseverance to wait for things to fall in their right respective places...

John Micheal, your story inspires me.

No comments: